Teach n’ Kids Learn (TKL) online courses are pre-approved by the Michigan Department of Education. To check our approved status, visit MI Department of Education SCECH catalog, and enter “TKL” as the program keyword. Pre-Approved SCECH courses are offered in partnership with our local partner Oakland Schools.
For each course completed, you will earn 50 (SCECH) State Continuing Education Clock Hours toward the 150 needed for the renewal of your Michigan Teaching Certificate. You can now register for our courses at any time. When you register for one of our self-paced courses you will have up to 4 months from the date of registration to complete your course. Since these courses are completely self-paced the amount of time to complete it will be dependent on how much time you put into it on a regular basis. Most teachers are able to finish their course within a 4 week period. Once you course has been successfully completed you will receive your certificate of completion and your SCECH credits will be submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) Please note: It may take 2-3 weeks for credits to be processed once submitted to MDE.
SCECH Processing Fee: A $17.00 fee is required to process your SCECHs and upload them to the MOECS System.
Requirements (one of the following):
– 6 semester credit hours appropriate to the content and grade level of the certificate and endorsement from a regionally accredited college or university; or
– 6 semester hours in a planned course of study from a regionally accredited college or university; or
– 150 Michigan State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) appropriate to the content and grade level of the certificate and endorsement; or
– 150 hours of Michigan District-Provided Professional Development (DPPD) appropriate to the content and grade level of the certificate and endorsement; or
– Any combination of the above.
1 Teach n’ Kids Learn (Re-certification) online course is worth 50 SCECH each.
1 Graduate Level Course is worth 3 Credit or 75 SCECH Credits for each course. (1 Semester Hour or 25 SCECH Credits)
For more information, visit the Michigan Department of Education website.