Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and/or learning disabilities can be a challenge for any classroom teacher. This professional development course provides proven methods that can be used in the regular classroom as well as the special education classroom. Participants will form a deeper level of understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and the impact that having this disability has on students in their personal lives and at school.
The course will not only help teachers understand the nature and needs of the student with an ADHD disability, it will also provide them with concrete skills to design engaging lessons that will help students with ADHD work more effectively, develop organizational skills and support them in becoming a more successful student within the general education classroom.
This interactive course is designed for job-embedded learning and practical classroom application using our virtual lesson study process. This virtual lesson study environment will help facilitate the process for teachers to better incorporate the instructional practices outlined within your state standards.
- Participants will focus on strategies for helping students with ADHD succeed in reading and writing and become a more attentive, focused and successful student within the general education classroom.
- Participants will explore current research on ADHD and its impact on students in the classroom.
- Participants will learn effective ways of helping students with ADHD with behavior management and organizational strategies that will allow students to be more successful in the regular classroom.
This course is divided into the following modules:
- What is Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD?
- Behavior Management Strategies for Supporting Students with ADHD
- Building Organizational Skills and Working with Parents
- Focusing on Instructional Strategies for the ADHD Student
- Supporting Students with an ADHD Disability to Become a More Successful Student
Register by clicking on more information button.Click For More Information