Students with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and/or learning disabilities can be a challenge for any classroom teacher. This professional development course provides proven methods that can be used in the regular classroom as well as the special education classroom. Participants will form a deeper level of understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and the impact that having this disability has on students in their personal lives and at school.
The course will not only help teachers understand the nature and needs of the student with an ADHD disability, it will also provide them with concrete skills to design engaging lessons that will help students with ADHD work more effectively, develop organizational skills and support them in becoming a more successful student within the general education classroom.
This interactive course is designed for job-embedded learning and practical classroom application using our virtual lesson study process. This virtual lesson study environment will help facilitate the process for teachers to better incorporate the instructional practices outlined in your state standards.
- Participants will focus on strategies for helping students with ADHD succeed in reading and writing and become a more attentive, focused and successful student within the general education classroom.
- Participants will explore current research on ADHD and its impact on students in the classroom.
- Participants will learn effective ways of helping students with ADHD with behavior management and organizational strategies that will allow students to be more successful in the regular classroom.
This course is offered for educators in the following locations:
- Ashland University, (3 Graduate Credits)
- Arizona, (45 Clock Hours)
- California, LAUSD (2 Salary Points)
- Hawaii, (45 Clock Hours)
- Illinois, (45 Clock Hours)
- Michigan, (50 SCECH Credits)
- National Open Enrollment, (45 Clock Hours)
- New York, NYC (3 P-Credits and 36 Clock Hours)
- New York State Re-Certification (45 CTLE Clock Hours)
- Ohio, (40 Clock Hours)
- Pennsylvania, Approved ACT 48 Provider
- Texas, Approved CPE Provider