This course is a unique comprehensive course which is rich in resources that succinctly summarizes the extensive key components in the ELA State Standards, uncovers the deep connections between the four literacy strands, explains the base of research, and provides immediately transferable instructional strategies.
The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. Throughout this course, Secondary Educators and Administrators will be exposed to effective research-based strategies, illustrations, effective lesson activities, videos, and resources.
In addition, participants will incorporate Danielson’s Framework for Teaching and the State Learning Standards into their own teaching practice. This comprehensive instructional course is in aligns with all Districts priorities related to providing Standards-based instruction and appropriate pedagogy aligned to Common Core State Standards. English Language Arts content standards covered can vary depending on the grade levels and areas of need defined by participants throughout the course. The course will cover a range of grade level progression under the following Common Core Standard headings.
- Standards 1-3 Key Ideas and Details
- Standards 4-6 Craft and Structure
- Standards 7-9 Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- Standard 10 Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- Writing Standards
- Speaking and Listening Standards
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
This course has been divided into six modules:
- An Overview of the ELA Standards
- Selecting the Right Texts
- Deeper Comprehension Through Close Reading
- Using Evidence to Connect to Text
- Building Academic Vocabulary
- Writing and Presenting
Register by clicking on more information button.Click For More Information