What is one of the most critical indicators of students’ success in school, in life and standardized tests? A student’s expansiveness of vocabulary, coupled with their ability to leverage it in enhancing their reading, speaking, listening, and writing abilities.
In order to be College and Career ready, students must have a rich and varied vocabulary that can help them understand what is being said to them and what they read on a daily basis. Appendix A of the Common Core Standards states, “Key to students’ vocabulary development is building rich and flexible word knowledge“. Participants will review the Common Core Vocabulary Guidelines and specifically look to address Shift 6.
The focus of this course is to support teachers by helping them to identify ways to expand student vocabulary knowledge and usage within the content area classroom in grades K-5. This interactive course is designed for job-embedded learning and practical classroom application using our virtual lesson study process.
This course is offered for educators in the following locations:
- Arizona, (45 Clock Hours)
- Hawaii, (45 Clock Hours)
- Illinois, (45 Clock Hours)
- Los Angeles, CA (2 Salary Advancement Points)
- Michigan, (50 SCECH Credits)
- National Open Enrollment, (45 Clock Hours)
- New York City/ASPDP (3 Salary Advancement P-Credits)
- New York State Re-Certification (45 CTLE Clock Hours)
- Ohio, (40 Clock Hours)
- Pennsylvania, Approved ACT 48 Provider
- Ashland University, (3 Graduate Credits)