What is one of the most critical indicators of students’ success in school, in life and standardized tests? A student’s expansiveness of vocabulary, coupled with their ability to leverage it in enhancing their reading, speaking, listening, and writing abilities. In order to be College and Career ready, students must have a rich and varied vocabulary that can help them understand what is being said to them and what they read on a daily basis.
The focus of this course is to support teachers by helping teachers identify ways to expand student vocabulary knowledge and usage within the content area classroom in grades 6-12.
This comprehensive instructional course provides educators and administrators proven methods for integrating Academic Vocabulary instruction into daily classroom practices, easily and efficiently.
This interactive course is designed for job-embedded learning and practical classroom application using our virtual lesson study process. This virtual lesson study environment will help facilitate the process for teachers to better incorporate the instructional practices outlined within the more rigorous State Standards, embed vocabulary instruction in ongoing instruction and expand student vocabulary knowledge.
This course is offered for educators in the following locations:
- Arizona, (45 Clock Hours)
- Hawaii, (45 Clock Hours)
- Illinois, (45 Clock Hours)
- Los Angeles, CA (2 Salary Advancement Points)
- Michigan, (50 SCECH Credits)
- National Open Enrollment, (45 Clock Hours)
- New York City/ASPDP (3 Salary Advancement P-Credits)
- New York State Re-Certification (45 CTLE Clock Hours)
- Ohio, (40 Clock Hours)
- Pennsylvania, Approved ACT 48 Provider
- Ashland University, (3 Graduate Credits)
Register by clicking on more information button.Enroll Now!